SAFE WORKING PRACTICES CHECKLIST
It is a condition of your use of all machinery that these guidelines are followed. Persons not familiar with theseSafe Working Practices and the Specific Operating Instructions should not use any machinery on site. Members who bring their own equipment on to site (Not mains powered) do so entirely at their own risk and liability and are not covered by the Society's insurance for personal injury nor third- party claims.
1. Remember that operators are responsible for the safety of other persons, their property as well as themselves.
2. Do not operate any machine if you are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication.
3. Machines should not be operated by persons under 16 years old or by persons who do not have sufficient strength to control the machine.
4. When using a machine always wear clothing which will protect you.
That is: Long trousers; Long sleeves; Gloves; Eye protection;
Ear Protection; Boots or shoes (both preferably steel toe-capped)
5. Read and follow the Operating Instructions and any instructions written on the machine.
6. If you notice anything that you think is wrong. Stop operating the machine. Return it to store and leave a DO NOT USE label on the machine and inform your Site Representative A.S.A.P.
7. Always refuel outdoors with the engine stopped and cooled down, do not smoke while doing so. Replace the caps of the fuel tank and fuel container before starting the machine.
8. If you have a fuel spill, move the machine at least 5 metres away before starting it.
9. Never run an internal combustion engine in a confined space.
10. Do not allow children or animals to be within 15 metres of an operating machine.
11. Before mowing or strimming, remove stones, loose debris, wire, string and netting from the area. These can fly up to injure persons and will damage the machine and property.
12. Never leave a machine running unattended.
13. Never put hands or feet anywhere near exposed moving parts whilst the engine is running.
14. Do not touch the engine or exhaust silencer. These parts get very hot in operation.
15. Cleaning should only be undertaken with the engine stopped and the spark plug lead disconnected and mowers lifted from the correct side.